Wednesday, May 29, 2024
spot_img

The UK’s single family rental outlook

0

Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 8.00am GMT

How to tap into this emerging asset class

Presented by Casa by Moda

Single Family Rental (SFR) is one of the fastest-growing asset classes in the UK and is forming a key part of the continued growth of the living sectors. As reported by IMMO, institutional investors target just 2% of the available residential real estate market. Explore how investors and developers can find opportunities in the other 98% and deliver successful SFR portfolios.

What you’ll learn

  • How the SFR market is defined compared to BTR.
  • The tools and data needed to understand and tap into this market.
  • Why investors are expanding into the suburban rental family market.
  • The main characteristics of SFR in terms of location, scale, density and unit mix.
  • How to meet your target demographic’s needs through development and design, and how this compares to the private for sale market.

Who attends 

CRE’s most influential investors, owners, developers, lenders, agents, occupiers, planners, architects, designers, consultants and advisors.

Agenda

8.00-8.40am – Breakfast and networking

8.40-8.45am – Bisnow welcome

8.45-9.30am – New Horizons: understanding this asset class – presented by Casa By Moda
– What is the pipeline of new supply?
– What are the initial challenges to the market and how are they overcome?
– Site selection – what strategies are implemented for location decisions?
– Land availability and planning – what are the barriers of purchasing land for rent rather than for sale?

Speakers and panel: Rob Gill, Head of Acquisitions, Casa by Moda, Lesley Roberts, President, UKAA, Michael Swiszczowski, Director, Chapman Taylor.

9.30-10.15am – Design and development with your target demographic in mind.
– What are the main characteristics of SFR in terms of location, scale, density and unit mix? 
– What is the target demographic and how do you meet their needs through development and design?
– How does SFR play a part in regeneration and placemaking?

Speakers and panel: Rob Sumner, Investment Director, Sigma Capital, Richard Jackson, Co-Founder Apache Capital Partners and CEO at Present Made, James Mulcare, Head of Residential Capital Markets, Godwin Developments, Jonathon Ivory, Managing Director, Single Family Housing, Packaged Living, Tomasz Romaniewicz, Head of Build to Rent, Bond Bryan and Samnatha Kemple, Chief Investment Officer, IMMO Capital.

10.15-10.30am – Post panel networking

Our readers can get a 20% discount. Use code: BTRNEWS20

Thursday 24 February
08:00 — 10:30 (2h 30′)

Venue to be confirmed

Bisnow

SUBSCRIBE