The coronavirus pandemic has transformed the world as we know it. These profound changes will alter the way people work, live and play in the post-virus, pre-vaccine months or even years. Against a turbulent economic backdrop, the UK’s Build to Rent community marches on, with their resident-first principle and a new emphasis on transmission risk mitigation.
Following the Government’s strategy for recovering from Covid-19, Build to Rent operators can now look ahead. In light of this, a panel of experts will take part in a virtual live debate about the unlocked future for Build to Rent operators and residents. Registration is open and free to attend. Details:
Live stream: 24 June 2020, 2 – 3 PM BST – Register for free now
Build to Rent experts will discuss a number of burning questions, including:
- The impact of lockdown on enquiry levels and retention rates.
- Key issues about virtual viewings that have been highlighted in recent guidance from The Property Ombudsman.
- Operational policies to help mitigate transmission risks.
- Helping residents faced with financial hardship.
- Rethinking amenities for the post-virus world.
The panel of experts include:
- Lesley Roberts, Partner & Executive Director at Allsop – who is a specialist in Build to Rent and heavily involved in its evolution in the UK over the past few years.
- Kevin Watson, Operations & Commercial Director at Platform_ who has been helping to lead the UK Build to Rent industry response to COVID-19. Platform_ have been operating five Build to Rent sites in the UK for over four years and have 1,500 units in the pipeline.
- David Smith, Partner at JMW Solicitors who specialises in residential property rights and agency and has experience of a wide range of property litigation.
- Rajeev Nayyar, MD of Fixflo, the UK’s leading repairs and maintenance software for residential and commercial property. Rajeev is also involved in various industry working groups with a particular focus on the intersection of property management, resident service and resident safety.
Following the virtual event, all registered participants will be sent a link to the full recording and relevant reading materials.